Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hawaii County

  •   State: 
    Hawaii
      County: 
    Hawaii County
      Zips: 
    96780
    96718
    96718
    96718
    96721
    96773
    96774
    96780
    96739
    96704
    96710
    96783
    96764
    96726
    96728
    96737
    96776
    96777
    96781
    96760
    96745
    96771
    96785
    96719
    96772
    96755
    96725
    96727
    96704
    96778
    96738
    96750
    96749
    96743
    96740
    96720
      Coordinates: 
    19.602396841152025, -155.52288590627964
      Area total: 
    5086.17 sq. mi., 13173.11 sq. km, 3255145.60 acres
      Area land: 
    4028.45 sq. mi., 10433.64 sq. km, 2578207.36 acres
      Area water: 
    1057.72 sq. mi., 2739.47 sq. km, 676938.24 acres
      Established: 
    1905
      Capital seat: 

    Hilo
    Address: 25 Aupuni Street
    Hilo, HI
    Governing Body: County Council with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States

  •   Population: 
    200,629; Population change: 8.40% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    50 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $57,585
      Households: 
    303,351
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.40% per 89,119 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    4.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $8.22 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hawaii County's population of Hawaii of 202,887 residents in 1930 has increased 5,01-fold to 1,016,508 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.82% female residents and 50.18% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.29% in Hawaii County, Hawaii are married and the remaining 44.71% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.29% in Hawaii County, Hawaii are married and the remaining 44.71% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    88,691 residential units of which 82.33% share occupied residential units.

    26.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Hawaii County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    69.05% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.74% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.70% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.29% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hawaii County, Hawaii 53.50% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.17% are rented apartments, and the remaining 17.33% are vacant.

  • The 38.32% of the population in Hawaii County, Hawaii who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 22.220%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 75.940%) of those eligible to vote in Hawaii County, Hawaii.

Skyline of Hawaii County

In 51 U.S. states are published

5999 Companies
1462 Counties
3683 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Kent Pizza 3

211 Garden St, Hartford, CT 06105

Lanesboro Pizza

739 S Main St, Lanesborough, MA 01237

O'Donald's Pizza

66 E Franklin St, Hagerstown, MD 21740

Sal's Pizza of Leominster

843 Central St, Leominster, MA 01453

Jeremy's Pizzeria & Sports Bar

888 Lafayette Rd, Hampton, NH 03842

Other Companies

Royal Pizza House

16 Horse Plain Rd, New Britain, CT 06053

Pizza Hut

2211 Lake Ave, Altadena, CA 91001

Puccini's Pizza Pasta-Clearwater

3944 E 82nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46240

Real Pizza

1 West Ave, Wayne, PA 19087

Mona Lisa's Gourmet Pizza

4 Cookingham Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

Landscape of Hawaii